The suburbs of Houston seem to be getting more and more popular every day. Humble, Texas is one such suburb that offers a nice mix of small town feel and close proximity to downtown Houston. Whether you’re looking to relocate to a different area of Humble, try out a new Houston suburb, or leave the area all together, you’d probably appreciate some tips on selling your home in Humble, Texas…
- Median List Price: Zillow currently lists $117,500 as the median (or mid-point) price of homes currently listed for sale in Humble. While this price is up compared to last month, it’s approximately 38% lower than this time last year.
- Prepping a Home for Sale: There are a few standard tricks of the trade that real estate agents will insist on when it comes to getting a home ready for buyers:
- Make Your Home Anonymous – You want potential buyers to be able to picture themselves living in your home, meaning you’ll need to scrub your house of anything personal to you. This typically includes items like family pictures, collectibles, etc.
- De-Clutter the Entire House – The kitchen is considered a good place to start and you’ll be expected to put away all items on the counters.
- Landscaping Needs: You’ve probably heard the term “curb appeal” and realize how important it is for people to have a favorable first impression of your home. What you may not know is that this can be as easy as cleaning up the leaves in the front yard and planting some bright flowers. Make sure you’re at least keeping up with the rest of the neighborhood.
Of course, once you agree to sell your home, you’ll need to think about finding reliable Texas movers to get you to your new home. HoustonMovers.org is a great place to start. We’ve already sorted out the bad apples, providing you with free price quotes on moving services from the best relocation companies in the 7738 and beyond.